I’m A Human Diamond
Keeping up with PURFECT ^ ESCAPE
LINGUA FRANCA_ CAMEROONWORD - 'Cut-seba' _______________________________________________________ Meaning - used to describe the act of 'not' having a full body wash. It is when someone washes specific body parts to give an appearance of looking clean and tidy when actually they haven't had a proper bath. It is usually due to water shortages, cold weather or personal choice for quickie hygiene. 99.9% of people have cut seba full stop. _______________________________________________________ DD
LIKE & FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
New story now on the blog #FlowerPower 🌹🌹
🚩WWW.DOROTHYDIAMOND.LONDON 🚩 ... See MoreSee Less
***KIDS SHOPPING***VISIT BLESSING MOTHERCARE & THINGS CHECK-POINT BUEA Your one-stop-shop for everything kids!!
YASSSSS !!! It’s PURFECT^ESCAPE Time …
Previously on Purfect^Escape
EDUCATION IS INHERENT _ OWN IT
A few facts from Cameroon Education - it's not given us the best pro-active standards -did not teach us to question authority - taught us respect of elderly and stature instead of mutual understanding - taught us to take any treatment and not show weakness in the name of respect As terrible as all that may end up looking - the fact is, on the surface you may struggle but overall you are basically always overqualified. Never underestimate the power of education Be educated - do not give up - Ever
- PART 1 ‘FLOWER POWER’ 26th May 2017
- Dear Diary 5 30th April 2017
- Dear Diary 4 4th December 2016
- DEAR DIARY 3 – UNEARTH 4th November 2016
- 300 Kegels a day – women isn’t that too much exercise? 26th October 2016
- Remember Stepanie Linus’ baby – Maxwell? well he is 1 already! Amasome bday bash pics! 26th October 2016
- A famous African feminist fronts a global make-up campaign and wows! 26th October 2016
- Dear Diary 2 – Define A greater Sin! 10th October 2016
- Un Genre Un Genre – lands a new flying epidemic in Cameroon Music Industry 5th October 2016
- Dear Diary 1 30th September 2016
MEN's CAREER MATTERS
PURFECT ^ ESCAPE BEATZ
Tag Archives: Cameroon
If You missed Dear Diary 1 – Catch up Here
Mrs Justin Beynang sat in her lawyer’s office waiting for the instructions on how to read her husband’s will and get the paperwork for his office reopening and official operational changes after his demise. Business had carried on as usual but so many things had not been officially cleared up about how the gap he had devastatingly left will affect the structure of the organisation – the good news is no one was losing their jobs, actually there was recruitment and career progression news on the horizon which she knew will motivate the workers more.
It was time for her to step up her game and step into his shoe, he had left a business to run and workers on payroll, so even in mourning she had to take over the reins.
She had no sons with Justin but in the interim was very capable of running the fort until Dinah was ready to make it work and return home, the likelihood of that happening was statistically 1:million with serious prayers and cajoling. Dinah always rebuffed the idea saying she wasn’t cut out for her dad’s line of business. In essence that was the truth, Candice her last daughter was more of the iron fist in the family but was still completing her Degree and had plans to travel for further studies with Dinah in London.
The death of their dad had dented the plans for now but Candice showed signs of depression – she was one of those people who internalised her worries till they erupted in the worse kind of anger or breakdown crisis. Her present state was greatly affecting the internship her dad had secured for her through his contacts at the ministry of finance – she was barely able to wake up and turn up to work and was losing significant weight. So here she stood battling to drag one daughter out of a deep dark place and another million miles away to consider returning home – until all her plans were successful the only person who could take over Justin remained her – a realisation that stirred her drive for success.
Within a day Mrs Beynang had run the course of the courts and the lawyer’s offices three times but could not anticipate how her day was going to end. Lawyer Emerson who was a long time friend of the family sat at his table and categorically told her that she had to still herself for the will reading, and she couldn’t counter the will because it was already authenticated in her husband’s sound state of health and mind and the seal and signatures were on the envelopes.
The two lawyers present were assigned trustees and executors of the will, they joined in from the high court and formed part of the team who were assigned to execute the will in the demise of the testator. The majority of Justin’s assets were passed unto his family but a certain charity was passed on some pecuniary assets in his businesses in the UK , that didn’t come to his wife as a surprise because she knew he had a regular gift set up to that charity for over 20 years.
Mrs Beynang left the legal confines of Emerson’s office short of words… Something about the will was so out of place… Was this a mistake and if so, why? why on earth would Dinah have 20% share , Candice 20% share of her dad’s business and Melissa who was just a friend to Dinah 25% while she who was his wife left with 35% and all their landed property!
POSTED IN: African fiction writer, Cameroon, Cameroon fiction writer, Dear Diary 1, Dear Diary 2, fiction stories
Mahdi APOPHIS A.K.A Bioumla Eric Faustin believes that in Cameroon socially speaking, minorities/downtrodden are disqualified as not important in many areas of life and left for death – a state of his country he decried and ended up fleeing abroad to seek better and greener pastures.
He settled in Germany where he started his music Career, sang a couple of collabo-pieces and launched into a solo with a ver very dark overlay – from his album cover so many things will make your eerily petrified – but that’s his signature – the dark god of music APOPHIS is on a rise – watch this space.
He clearly explains the logic behind the dark aura of his music – there is nothing christlike left in the world – we are living the devils passion and that’s what he is singing about see his statement below;
Vu l’état du monde actuel les guerres les injustices sociales et les journalistes pyromanes les politiciens mythomane les prêtres et imam vendu…Avec le recul et beaucoup d’observation J’ai constate que tout ceci n’avait rien avoir avec la passion du Christ Ni l’amour du prochain
Tout autour de moi
– jalousie envers sont prochain
– Invention des virus Tel que le sida
– La bombe atomique..
Que voulez que je chante la passion Christ????: Non
Nous vivons la passion du diable
la rencontre de Nefertiti une artiste talentueuse avec qui il decide de faire un projet artistique dont le resultat est la sortie du single wayo wayo, et yayato.
Entre vents et marees il reste accroché et decide faire un album solo que vous aurez Le privilege d´avoir dans les bacs un album riche qui nous ressemble, et qui va egalement nous rassembler. rempli de controverse comme il le dit toujours un jour viendra ou les minorites seront majoritairement visible.
The contention is over the fact that Betty simply sought the Christian faith and turned her life around, this pushed a blogger to criticise her actions with the below open letter: (No time to translate now, but bref – it called betty a confused Christian, that her life is the consequence of her choices and not that of God, and finally she should stop confusing religion Vs spirituality.
« Confondre religion et spiritualité sont les erreurs de beaucoup. La religion est un chemin qui aide celui qui recherche dieu grâce à la spiritualité qui la voir par laquelle nous devons passer. Excuses ton cœur et ne rejettes pas la faute sur le divin. Vous êtes une génération qui ne voyez que la surface, obnubilé par la surface et malheureusement tu es comme beaucoup de jeunes filles de certaines de cette génération vous donnez votre cœur et votre corps à ceux qui ne vous respectent pas et au final vous rejetez la faute sur les hommes. Un bon cœur sonde ses actes et non Dieu pour ses fautes. L’épreuve que tu vis est la conséquence de tes choix et non d’un sort du divin. Retire-toi un moment et apprends sur la spiritualité et non la religion. Les livres ne sont qu’un ensemble de dogmes mais se nourrir spirituellement est une voie silencieuse… Tu as été emportée par l’émotion mais aujourd’hui laisse la réflexion être maître de tes émotions et non le contraire. »
Betty explains life before christ was a misery and even insinuates that that is one of the reasons why she had a child out of wedlock. Blogs have found her new found love for the scripture confusing and misrepresented.
What are your thoughts on this _ as for the hands typing this now ”judge not so thou shalt not be judged’ Betty enjoy life in Christ its a thing of joy hearing you confess and accept christ.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (say “pah-lee-SIS-tik OH-vuh-ree SIN-drohm”) is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn’t treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Most women with PCOS grow many small cysts on their ovaries. That is why it is called polycystic ovary syndrome. The cysts are not harmful but lead to hormone imbalances. Early diagnosis and treatment can help control the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Hormones are chemical messengers that trigger many different processes, including growth and energy production. Often, the job of one hormone is to signal the release of another hormone.
For reasons that are not well understood, in PCOS the hormones get out of balance. One hormone change triggers another, which changes another. For example:
The sex hormones get out of balance. Normally, the ovaries make a tiny amount of male sex hormones (androgens). In PCOS, they start making slightly more androgens. This may cause you to stop ovulating, get acne, and grow extra facial and body hair.
The body may have a problem using insulin, called insulin resistance. When the body doesn’t use insulin well, blood sugar levels go up. Over time, this increases your chance of getting diabetes. The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. PCOS seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes. PCOS can be passed down from either your mother’s or father’s side.
Symptoms tend to be mild at first. You may have only a few symptoms or a lot of them. The most common symptoms are:
- Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
- Extra hair on the face and body. Often women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the chest, belly, and back.
- Thinning hair on the scalp.
- Irregular periods. Often women with PCOS have fewer than nine periods a year.
- Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding.
- Fertility problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant (infertility).
A country’s interest in toll roads is highlighted for two key reasons :
a. Toll collection provides a mechanism for financing construction and maintenance for new roads _ New roads are one of the key economic development indicators Cameroon clearly lacks since 19 weh!
b. Technological innovations are increasingly making possible an effective use of time-of-day pricing on toll roads to control and mitigate problems of congestion_ Congestion is second nature in the economic capital of Cameroon and other key cities that have accessible roads, some areas have potholes that can hide a Landcruiser, so where should our focus lie, Tolls or roads?
Let me break down some of the advantages of Road Pricing/Toll Gates
In the view of many economists and transportation experts, toll roads, and pricing roads more generally, offer important advantages in transportation. Key among these are:
• Efficiency: Toll roads, when used to reduce congestion through charges that reflect current utilization, send signals to consumers about the full cost of using the road.
• Building the Right Facilities: Without proper price signals (including lack of any direct charges), building expensive new urban roadways leads to continually increasing congestion.
• Providing Funding: If congestion rises, prices rise and provide the mechanism (and signal) to fund the project. Bond financing can be raised to pay for the project, with the future toll collections used as collateral.
• Reducing Sprawl: Urban sprawl is the direct result of underpricing roadways. If drivers were required to pay the true cost of using a roadway, there would be less incentive to keep moving further away from job centers.
• Fairness: Users pay for their use in proportion to their use. Where congestion charges
(or time-of-day pricing) can be implemented, they pay for the cost they impose on each
other through congestion.
• Greater Safety: According to studies, the accident rate on toll roads – where the flow of traffic is more even – is lower.
• Increased Fuel Economy: By increasing the overall capacity of a region’s transportation system, toll roads are able to absorb some of the traffic that would otherwise use non-toll highways and interstates. The result is a decrease in overall traffic congestion. Vehicles on both toll and non-toll roadways are able to move at more fuel efficient speeds.
A document signed last May recently stipulates that 14 automated toll gates will be constructed across Cameroon. The road networks concerned are:
In the face of unbelievable corruption, bad roads and mismanagement of public funds compounded with poor accountability can the Cameroon government practically break down an actual plan on how they see this project being beneficial to the country and making a change. It’s such a hopeless situation that even the automated tolls will end up causing the worse congestion because they’ll break down not be repaired for ages and all sorts of concerns
It’s such a hopeless situation that even the automated tolls will end up causing the worse congestion because they’ll break down, not be repaired for ages and all sorts of concerns _ so please we are not dummies stop budgeting and allocating high tax to an already financially afflicted community for projects that will basically end on paper!! Who needs prototypes as proof of development?
STOP CHILD SLAVERY – CHILD LABOUR AND CHILD ABUSE!!
Officials of China First Highway Engineering Company, FCHEC working on the engineering project between Yaounde-Douala Highway have quibbled that they’re unable to complete Phase I of the dual carriage highway on time because of too many administrative and technical bottlenecks they have to go through every single time – let’s repeat the last statement – EVERY SINGLE TIME – with reasons ranging from
- Unclear project definitions (RASCI) basically – putting my project management hat on no project with a clear RASCI should be at this stage asking any stakeholder ‘what doest thou’ – I’m a bit befuddled we at this day and age are having conversations that take place way before procurement and deployment – I’ll give them that no project is smooth!
- Misunderstanding, misalignment and disagreement between key stakeholders who are; FCHEC officials, local quality control team, Tunisian SET Tunis and Louis Berger, the ministry of public contracts and the government-owned civil engineering laboratory, LABOGENIE
- Too many bureaucratic red tapes tasering the progress of the project, the Chinese construction team pointed out, giving an example of Tunisian’s lateness to work and very lengthy procedures in the treatment of files said Lui Chengkun the Chinese Director.
- Project reports – and updates are basically non-existent – this is a complete NO NO as they will basically blindside accountability/budgeting and budget controls. A complete issues log should catch this before it’s a kondegui case for all involved
- Overall lack of synergy!
- Clarification of indemnities to villagers before they vacate these areas precisely Lekie and Nyong and Kelle – where will all these poor people go and hope they get their indemnities or that will basically be the sole reason the road with stop from cries of innocent people
The Secretary of State at the Ministry of Public Works will henceforth be paying a fortnightly visit to the project site to ensure that everything is progressing as agreed. This road has seen the best citizens of thew country to their final destination in most gruesome and untimely fashion – you’d hope with an opportunity for change the kitchen sink with best options will be thrown out to the Chinese to get this done asap – but see where we are? part of the main headway in the negative vortex that this first 100km of the Yaounde-Douala dual carriage highway worth $568million, circa 32 billion FCFA project which was awarded to the Chinese.
Hopefully, the minister of public works has this negative vortex, this first 100km of the Yaounde-Douala dual carriage highway worth $568million, circa 32 billion FCFA project under complete control after all these issues were brought to light! WE TRUST YOU TO TAKE CHARGE SIR – and give us the template we see above! Cameroon does deserve better roads – we all agree on that even without the Chinese!
UK Minister for International Development, Nick Hurd, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that UK had a very long cordial relationship with Nigeria, stating – “The very long partnership between UK and Nigeria matters a great deal to us; even my Prime Minister has made it very clear that we stand shoulder to shoulder with Nigeria in the battle against Boko Haram. We understand how many thousands and millions of peoples’ lives have been devastated by the atrocities in the North East. We are determined to help our own friend and partner to defeat that barbaric group,”
Cameroon has had the longest most cordial relationship with France – should we hope any further or should we just beg UK for same assistance – the last we checked American soldiers were on ground in Cameroon strategising – how is that coming up – can anyone give us updates about our country on the front of security apart from Facebook updates of our soldiers dying?
Many thanks !!!