DD – Well hello there Handsome
JOHN K – Hey Wassup Lady Dorothy Diamond
DD– Tea or Coffee JK?
JOHN K– Depends on the day and Mood I like both
DD – Ah well, strikes me like you are a very easy going guy, not fussy, not plucky but will take what pleases you on a platter, let’s then taunt you about a few more shindigs eh? Tell us something about;
1. FAITH – Very powerful feeling… when used positively keeps us positive, I am a Christian, I go to church and believe that believing in something is very important and essential in life
2. MUSIC – Music is like a Living spirit and it is so strong that it can affect our mood, can make us laugh or cry, can change our opinion our people, can make us fall in and out of love and hold tender moments of nostalgia. I live and breathe music, I adore music.
3. CAREER – Career Way of learning and applying the things you learned in your daily life while growing and getting a Pay Cheque. There are many different ways to chase a dream and stay focus but music is one of those careers that regardless of the passion needs determination.
4. Marriage – Beautiful Bond between two people who love each other and want to express it with more than words, I’ll leave you guessing my status in the meantime (~wink ~wink~)
5. WOMEN – Women are Gifts to Men from God full stop Hahahahhahahahahhaha (cocky man you are eh, your laugh actually holds much promise) They are one of the most beautiful gifts given to Men and they say Women are like Wine, the older they get, the better they tastes Lol (actually laughing again)
6. AGE – Age is only a state of Mind (DD – you scored one on me there high five!)
7. Childhood – I grew up in Douala Cameroon and left Cameroon when I was 17 to go to South Africa. I started working as a model for Boss Models in South Africa where I got many contracts with International clients such as Addidas, Woolworths, Markhams, Magazines, TV Commercials, Fashion shows etc and now I am based in Germany continuing with my modeling Career as well as Music.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
DD – You have a unique style (explicit, Sexy, borderline daring) that marks your persona in the video ‘pretty girl’, what inspires you? (That video though hawwwwwtttt!)
JOHN K – I get inspired from the unique desire to look and appear good. I like being unique or adopt my own style as it sets me apart from other people.
DD – Describe your style in three words.
JOHN K – Simple Classy and Elegant
DD – Did you forget something sir? (8 packs) Where do you see your music fitting-in in the music industry – especially in Cameroon(especially seeing how those pretty girls are all up in your grill _ huuuuummmmmm!)
JOHN K – Cameroon is a very diverse country, diverse in terms of Culture, arts, over 250 tribes, Languages etc… I believe our industry is still growing, but my aim is to appeal to the Youths or group of people who like good music, whatever their background, tribe, culture and age, my goal is to appeal to a wider audience and I will take my chances regardless.
DD – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time, what is your wildest career dream?
JOHN K – In five years time I see myself being a recognized artist in Cameroon, representing the Urban culture of Cameroon in Europe and all over the world. My wildest career dream would be to receive positive messages from young people who somehow have learned from me. Seeing exactly how I affected or influenced their lives positively and fostered the belief that they can chase their dreams regardless of any deterrents.
DD – Are you working on any specific projects and collaborations – whispers in the wind have it that you are meeting some big names and doing great things c’mon spill…
JOHN K – I just finished the release of my music video Pretty Girl, which I will be promoting in December in Cameroon. I have collaborated with a German rapper along the way and the rest will be revealed as time goes by (thumbs up)
DD – My left nose is twitching, I sniff something awesome maybe we should do something together, I’ll just dance though hahahahahhah, within the industry who inspires you / who do you think will be the best partner for a collaboration.
JOHN K – Hahahhahaha, it will be kool to have you dance why not? , well at the moment I am not very familiar to the Cameroonian Music Industry, that is the reason why I would like to Travel to Cameroon and get a feel of the music, people, life there, I have a good number of preferences especially the male artists and believe they are doing extremely well but as of now I’d rather no name names.
DD – What career advice will you give to younger JOHN K’s (aspiring youths looking up to you)
JOHN K – Not to give up, keep on following their dreams although it might seem hard/ unachievable. Lastly to surround themselves with positive people.
DD – We all sure need a good amount of positive friends and family members telling us our dreams are worth it. Musicians/Artists fall under the category of highest society influencers for trends, fashion and pop culture so we are proud to know you want youths following the positive things you stand for.
Thanks for stopping by on Purfect Escape John K, we will keep dancing to ‘Pretty girl’ while keeping a weather eye out for your next album in that absolutely gorgeous chocolate~biscuit torso!
You can follow JOHN K on
WEBSITE _ www.johnkmusic.com